So unless this magically disappears (again, *snort* not likely) in the next 25 days, we will indeed be having a White Christmas. At least it's not cold. Moving on....
Road Trip Wednesday is a 'Blog Carnival' where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
This week's topic:
What's the best book you read in November?
But it turns out it's a two-way tie, with one only a smidge ahead of the other. In first place:
ANNA and the FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins
What I L♥VED:
- That it was set in Paris - this just made it seem all the more romantic.
- Anna and Étienne/St. Clair - two of my favourite book characters ever.
- The simple romance that didn't feel the need to be raunchy or risqué.
- That whole voice thing - Stephanie Perkins nailed it.
- The fact that I could not put this book down until three in the morning
(AKA when I read the last page).
And second runner up (only by a hair, because I preferred the Paris setting in Anna):
LOLA and the BOY NEXT DOOR by Stephanie Perkins
(Big surprise, right? I can't shut up about these books. I'm sorry.)
What I L♥VED:
- Cricket Bell - this guy was such a great love interest and friend.
- Lola's total funky fashion sense was pretty fun and interesting.
- That Anna and Étienne are in this book as well. They're just cute.
- Lola's best friend, Lindsey. Wish I had a friend like her.
- Again, that the romance was neither raunchy nor risqué.
- Again, Perkins has voice nailed.
- And again, that I couldn't put this book down until 3AM-4AM.
Both are really great reads, and I cannot wait until ISLA and the HAPPILY EVER AFTER arrives next Fall (Boo! Hiss! Boo!). That's too darn long to wait. Ah well, guess I'll just have to reread these gems in the meantime.
* * *
And just a little reminder: If you haven't already entered my giveaway as part of the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop organized by Sarah Belliston, you can enter HERE. I'm giving away a copy of Marie Lu's LEGEND and a pack of nineteen Fingerstache Tattoos! The contest runs until December 12th. As part of the blog hop, I'll be doing a post tomorrow since I'm the First Day of Christmas AKA the ♫Partridge in a Pear Tree♫.