WHAT IS IT?
In celebration and support of Teen Lit Day, readergirlz hosts an annual book drop to introduce people to YA lit. It's a fantastic opportunity to give some lucky stranger a sampling of awesome teen lit by dropping one of your favourite YA reads in a public place. Sounds pretty fun, right?
WHEN IS IT?
Teen Literature Day→ Thursday, April 12th, 2012 (aka tomorrow)
HOW DO I TAKE PART?
1) Select one (or more) of your favourite YA reads that you'd like to pass on to someone.*
2) Print off the bookplate just above and leave it in or on your YA book selection.
3) Leave your book(s) in a public place of your choice for some lucky stranger to find, read, and ♥.
4) Snap a picture of your YA book(s) in your chosen drop location, and upload it to the readergirlz Facebook page. Or, if you're like me and jumped ship from FB, you can post it on your blog, tweet it, or even head on over to YA Confidential and post it for a chance to win a book from their vault!
5) Head to Twitter and leave a tweet with the hashtag #rockthedrop with all the other droppers.
WHERE SHOULD I DROP IT?
I'm still trying to figure out where I'll be dropping my own YA selections, but here are some ideas:
• your local coffee shop
• on a park bench (assuming it's not snowing or raining)
• in a bus shelter or on the bus/subway itself
• a restaurant table or in a food court
• your doctor/dentist/chiropractor office
• anywhere else fun and exciting that your ♥ desires
Places I wouldn't suggest leaving your book(s):
• in a bookstore or a library (duh)
• at a school if it involves skulking around looking all sketchy (especially in a trench)
• a biker bar
• any other place guaranteed to get you beat up or arrested
I have a pretty great idea planned for my own Rock the Drop contribution, and I'm excited about it. How about you? Are you planning on JOINING in? And if so, what's your plan (unless it's secret)?
* This can be brand spankin' new or 'gently used'→ you decide ☺