I've got a nerd/geek* t-shirt buying compulsion.
Well, maybe not so much a compulsion, but I've certainly got a bit of a collection going on. Some time last year, I stumbled across a website called teefury.com. This site features different artists, selling their t-shirt design for only 24 hours, and at a price that really can't be beat—$10. Often, Canadians ordering products from the States can expect to pay through the nose in shipping (sometimes more than the product itself), but teefury only charges $3 for shipping, which is great! If you're a Doctor Who fan, you might want to check this site out every so often. It seems that every second tee is somehow Who-Inspired.
Here's what I've collected so far:
(For a better look at each image and more information about the artists, click on the links below.)
1. Han + Leia Kiss—A Star Wars take on Klimt's The Kiss.
2. Caprica City Toasters—For Battlestar Galactica fans.
3. Should You Need Us—A collage of Labyrinth characters.
4. Dire Brew—Game of Thrones-inspired Winterfell lager tee.
5. Ravenclaw Crest—Harry Potter-inspired Ravenclaw crest.**
6. Odds In Your Favor—A Hunger Games-inspired tee.
7. Hunger-Lympics—Hunger Games meets the Olympics tee.
8. District-13 Mockingjays—If District 13 had a baseball team?
9. Ride the Falcon—Star Wars' Millenium Falcon = a real falcon.
10. Mars Terraforming—Total Recall (1990)-inspired tee.***
11. Team Eddard—Gotcha! Not Twilight, but Game of Thrones-inspired.
I like a good cheap geek tee enough to check teefury.com every night before bed. The tee changes at 10pm my time. So if you're just as geeky/nerdy and lacking in self control as I am, check it out!
* Apparently there's a difference between Geeks and Nerds.
** I'd definitely be sorted into Ravenclaw. Just sayin'.
*** I bought this not because I'm a Total Recall fan, but because it's linked to my WiP.