Today I'd like to thank Joie at Joie de Lire for the Liebster Blog Award. (Next up: the 7x7 award from Elodie & Michael!)
One requirement of the award is to address a list of questions—eleven random facts about myself. Should be easy enough.
01. What are your three favourite books? (You're joking, right? Because I can't count, here are some of my favourites.)
- Jane Eyre - Charlotte Brontë
- The Hunger Games (trilogy) - Suzanne Collins
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (series) - C. S. Lewis
- Harry Potter (series) - J. K. Rowling
02. What are your three favourite authors? (Again, seriously? Too hard to narrow down, so I'm going with a bunch.)
- Jane Austen
- Charlotte Brontë
- C. S. Lewis
- Suzanne Collins
- J. K. Rowling
- Tamora Pierce
- Stephanie Perkins
- Laini Taylor
- Veronica Roth
- ...and TONS of others
* I've based my answers here on the number of stories by that particular author that I've loved.
03. Which author would you love to meet and why?
Oh brother, how do I answer this? Do I pick a classic author and sound all learned and intelligent, or do I go with a contemporary author and sound more fun? I'm going to go with an obvious, albeit cliché, choice here—J. K. Rowling. This immensely talented lady would be fascinating to sit and chat with and to ask questions about world-building, character development, foreshadowing, creativity... I think she'd get sick of me and all my brain-picking questions pretty darn quick.
04. What's your favourite book-to-movie adaptation? (Ooo, good one! But, I can't choose just one...)
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy—I don't think I've EVER been so wowed by anything like this.
- Harry Potter series
- Persuasion—I've watched the latest version of this Austen story so many times. Love it!
- Little Women—The Winona Ryder and Christian Bale version is an all-time favourite.
- ...and a whole pile more.
05. What paranormal being would you choose to be and why? (Besides a sparkly vamp? Tough one...)
I'd like to be a faun just so I could hunt down Mr. Tumnus (*cough* James McAvoy *cough*) and say, "How you doin'?" Kidding...kind of. I think maybe a shapeshifter would be cool, but only if I could remember what my true form really was.
06. Which character do you think you could be BFFs with and why?
I'm going to go with Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. I've always been a little preoccupied with the rules while secretly wanting to break all of them. I love school WAY too much, and I'm on the bookish side. Plus, she's just all kinds of awesome and inspiring and could teach me a thing or twenty. I think we'd be a BFF match made in...Hogwarts?
07. If you could go on a date with any fictional character, who would it be and what would you do?
Well, I'm married, so my husband gets dibs on dates. But, if we're talking a parallel universe where I'm single and this might actually happen, I'd say Peeta from The Hunger Games. We'd bake cakes (and that's not meant to be a euphemism).
08. Why do you read?
- Escapism—Regular life is just so boring compared to what I find in books.
- Enjoyment—There are few things as great as curling up with a good book.
- Learning—I learn about all kinds of things including how to be a better writer.
- Development—I honestly think reading makes me a more interesting person.
- Ability—Not everyone can. Seems an awful shame to waste literacy, doesn't it?
09. Why do you blog?
- To become a better writer—I think it's working.
- To connect with others—readers and writers especially.
- To learn about writing—by blogging I'm exposed to other blogs that I learn a great deal from.
- To hear about books—by blogging I'm exposed to other blogs that give me great ideas for reading.
- To share my thoughts about books I love, my writing journey, and other miscellany.
10. What blog posts are you most proud of? (I'll address this when I blog about the 7x7 Award, but for now, here's two.)
- Dos, Don'ts, and Doubts→ Discouraged by the 'rules' and well-meant advice.
- Heart Month and InstaL♥ve→ A little less InstaL♥ve and a little more InstaInterest.
11. What was the last thing that made you smile?
Hmm...I smile a lot, so this is difficult to nail down. I think it was when I went to put on my new Lord of the Rings geek tee this morning. I'm building up quite the collection of shirt nerdiness, but this one will definitely be one of my favourites:
|Check out Boromir on the right→ Um, spoiler alert much?|
And because I don't know how to choose 11 blogs I 'liebe' without feeling like I'm excluding others, I'm asking YOU to:
Pick one of the questions above and answer it in the comments below.
I'd love to learn a little more about you.☺