This week's topic:
What's the best book you've read in February?
I read some pretty great books in February so it was really hard to choose just one. That being said, one book in particular stood out among the rest: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Things I Loved About
- This is Book 2 in a trilogy, but it did NOT suffer from middle book syndrome. It was even better than Book 1!
- Perry was just as swoonworthy as ever (though, I could have used more Perry + Aria scenes).
- Moar Roar. I love that guy.
- We get to see more of this series' world, which is just really fascinating.
- There's a lot of edge-of-your-seat moments that make this book truly unputdownable.
- Perry and Aria really come into their own, particularly Perry as chief of the Tides.
- It set up Book 3 (Into the Still Blue) in some really can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-it ways.
The only thing I wanted more of was a greater amount of smooch between Perry + Aria, but that's about it.
Honourable Mention: Unravel Me by Taherah Mafi
I suppose you could even say that this is a tie, because I really enjoyed Unravel Me. In fact, I read Destory Me then promptly cracked open Unravel Me and proceeded to read it cover to cover in one sitting. It was that good. I'll keep this brief, but the top five things I loved the most about this book were:
- Kenji—So darn funny and such a good friend to Juliette.
- Adam—Of course. What isn't to love about this guy? ♥
- Warner—There is SO much more to this character than we got in Shatter Me. Jaime = torn.
- Omega Point—The whole X-Men sort of feel was totally fascinating to me. I love that stuff!
- Mafi's Signature Style—Less crossed out sentences and tortured ravings, but still so, so good.
What was your favourite February read?