We’re back! And ready for Ready. Set. WRITE! We hope you’re looking forward to another productive summer! If you’re wondering what RSW is all about, it’s a summer long writing intensive through which we write/revise/plan like crazy, cheer each other on, and hold each other accountable with weekly updates. We’ll be sharing our goals and giving updates on our progress on Mondays and keeping our posts brief so we can save our words for our WiPs! Sign up on the linky at one of the host blogs each week, and don't forget to hop around to encourage other participants. For more info and a link to our lovely stash of buttons, click HERE!
As part of Ready. Set. WRITE! 2015, Alison, Katy, Erin, Elodie, and I will be hosting Twitter writing parties (feel free to kick-start your own too!), giving away writerly care packages in July and at the end of the summer, and… AND at the end of the summer, we'll be rewarding ourselves with what we we're calling “Manicures and Manuscripts.” Stay tuned for more info. We hope you’ll join us for all of the fun!
***We will be tweeting with the hashtag #RSWRITE. Keep an eye out for it!***
Starting next week, we will be sharing our progress and setting new goals using the following headings:
1. How I did on last week’s goals
2. My goal(s) for this week
3. A favourite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write, the siren song of SNIs)
5. Something I love about my WiP
Since Week One is all about goal-setting, here's what I'd like to accomplish this week and this summer:
GOALS FOR THIS WEEK
• Work on writing at least five days this week; allow myself to take two days off.
• Add at least 500 new words per writing session to EVERY SAD & LOVELY THING.
• Spend 1 hour working on rewrite of my YA sci-fi WATCH OF NIGHT (per session).
GOALS FOR THE SUMMER
• Complete my revisions of WATCH OF NIGHT once and for all.
• Add 25,000 words to my draft of EVERY SAD & LOVELY THING.
HOW I DID:
Monday --» Revised 1.5 chapters of WoN and added 575 new words to ES<. A good start!
Tuesday --» Revised my goals. Will now be rewriting instead of revising the remainder of WoN. Worked for about an hour on this. Attempted to add new words to ES<, but only managed 150. :-/ May have to consider this one of my two days off.
Wednesday --» Added 575 new words to ES<. Didn't work on WoN. Need to do further planning before moving forward.
Thursday --» Added 861 new words to ES<. Wrote a new opening for WoN (280 words), and am revisiting/reworking a plot arc diagram for this story before I move any further forward. Too many plot points and issues to figure out first.
Friday --» Tweaked the opening of WoN and added 303 words to it. Didn't work on anything else. :-/
Saturday --» DAY OFF
Sunday --» DAY OFF